Do you want to share your Arlo security camera with family or friends? With the Arlo app, it’s easy to give them access. Sharing an Arlo camera is a great way to ensure that others can keep tabs on what’s happening in and around your home while you’re away.
In this guide, we will walk you through how to share arlo camera with other users step-by-step, so they can monitor activity from anywhere. Let’s get started
What Is Arlo Camera
Arlo cameras are wireless security cameras designed for indoor and outdoor use. They are produced by the American company Netgear and are known for their ease of installation and use, high-quality video recording, and reliable performance.
Arlo cameras are designed to help users monitor their homes and businesses remotely, allowing them to keep an eye on their properties from anywhere in the world using a smartphone or computer. They come with various features such as motion detection, night vision, two-way audio, and cloud storage to record and store footage.
Arlo cameras can be used for a variety of purposes, such as home security, monitoring pets or children, surveillance of a business or office, and keeping an eye on the exterior of a property. They offer a simple and convenient way to improve the security and safety of any property and can provide peace of mind to homeowners and business owners alike.
Can You Share Arlo Camera
It’s possible to share your Arlo camera with family or friends. This can be done through the Arlo app, where users are able to invite other users to have access to their cameras and footage. This allows multiple people to view live footage from any of the shared cameras remotely, as well as receive notifications about activity on the property.
The Arlo app also allows users to set different levels of access, giving more control over who can view and interact with your cameras. Different people can be given access to some or all the shared cameras, allowing for greater flexibility in how each user interacts with the system.
Benefits of Sharing Arlo Camera:
Sharing an Arlo camera with others can have several benefits, including:
By sharing access to your Arlo camera with trusted family members, friends or neighbors, you can provide an extra layer of security to your home or business. They can help monitor your property while you are away, alert you of any suspicious activity, and even deter potential intruders.
Peace of Mind:
Sharing your Arlo camera can also give you peace of mind when you are away from home or the office. You can check in on your property anytime and ensure that everything is safe and secure.
If you are using Arlo cameras to monitor a business or office, sharing the camera with other employees can help improve collaboration and coordination. This can help ensure everyone is on the same page and working towards the same goals.
Sharing your Arlo camera with others can also be a cost-effective way to improve security. Instead of investing in multiple cameras for different locations or purposes, you can share access to your existing camera.
Arlo cameras can be easily shared with others using the Arlo app, which provides a lot of flexibility in terms of who can access the camera when they can access it, and for how long. This allows you to customize the sharing settings to suit your specific needs and preferences.
In summary, sharing your Arlo camera with others can provide several benefits, such as improved security, peace of mind, cost-effectiveness, collaborative monitoring, and flexibility.
Step-By-Step Guide on How to Share an Arlo Camera
1. Open the Arlo App on Your Smartphone or Computer
For sharing an Arlo Camera, you will need the Arlo app installed on your phone or will need to go to the website of Arlo on your computer. Then you need to tap on the Arlo app on your phone, or if you use a computer go to the Arlo website and log in to your account.
2. Select the Camera You Wish to Share
Once logged into the Arlo app, select the camera you wish to share with others. You can specify which cameras should be shared and with whom they should be shared.
3. Tap on “Share.”
Once you have specified the camera, tap on “share” to begin the sharing process. This will open a page that allows you to add people with whom you would like to share your camera.
4. Enter the Email Address of the Person You Wish to Share With
You can enter multiple email addresses here in order to share your camera with multiple people. You can also specify the level of access each person should have to your camera, like view-only or full control.
5. Tap “Send Invitation.”
Once you have entered all the email addresses and specified their access levels, tap on “send the invitation,” and the people you shared with will receive an email invitation to access your camera.
6. Confirm the Sharing
Once they have accepted the invitation, you can then confirm the sharing process. After this, they will be able to view and control your Arlo camera remotely as per their level of access.
7. Choose the Level of Access
You have to choose the level of access you want to grant to the user. There are three options:
- “Full Access”: Allows the user to view and manage the camera, including changing settings and deleting footage.
- “Live View Only”: Allows the user to view live video from the camera but not access or manage any settings.
- “Recording Only”: Allows the user to view recorded footage but not access live video or manage any settings.
By following these steps, you can easily share your Arlo Camera with others. This will allow multiple people to access and control the camera remotely and help improve collaboration and security of your home or office.
Tips for Troubleshooting
If you come across any issue while sharing your Arlo camera, here are some tips to help troubleshoot the problem:
- Check the internet connection: Ensure that the internet connection is strong and stable. If the connection is weak, it may affect the camera’s performance.
- Update firmware: Check whether the camera’s firmware is up-to-date. If not, update it to the latest version.
- Restart the camera: Sometimes, a simple restart of the camera can resolve many issues. Turn off the camera, wait a few seconds, and turn it back on.
- Check battery life: If the camera is wireless, check the battery life. If it is low, replace the batteries or recharge them.
- Reset the camera: If none of the above methods work, try resetting the camera. Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to reset the camera.
- Check permissions: Make sure that the person you share the camera with has the necessary permissions to access the camera. Check the settings and ensure that they have access.
- Check device compatibility: Ensure that the device used to access the camera is compatible with Arlo. Arlo cameras are compatible with many devices, but it is always good to check.
- Contact customer support: If none of the above methods work, contact the customer support team for assistance. The manufacturer can provide technical assistance and guide you through the troubleshooting process.
By following these steps, you can easily troubleshoot any issue that may arise while sharing your Arlo camera. With the help of this guide, you will be able to ensure a seamless and secure user experience.
Do Arlo Cameras Need Any Subscription for Sharing
Arlo cameras do not require a subscription to share the camera with other people. However, a subscription plan is required to use advanced features like cloud recording, person detection, and activity zones.
If you want to share access to your Arlo camera with family or friends, add them as users to your Arlo account. You can then set their permissions to control what they can and can’t do with the camera.
It’s important to note that if you have a subscription plan and you share access to your camera with someone, they will also have access to the features included in your subscription plan.
Risks Accosicates with Sharing Arlo Camera
Sharing your Arlo camera with someone else may present some risks in terms of privacy, depending on how you share it and who you share it with. Here are some potential risks:
- Unintentional sharing: If you accidentally share your camera with the wrong person, they may be able to view footage from your camera without your permission.
- Unauthorized access: If you share your camera with someone who is not trustworthy or does not have your best interests at heart, they may use the footage from your camera for malicious purposes.
- Remote access: If you share your camera with someone who is not physically present at your location, they may be able to monitor your activities remotely, which could compromise your privacy.
- Third-party access: If you use a third-party app to share your Arlo camera, the app may collect data from your camera and use it for advertising or other purposes.
To minimize these risks, it’s important to only share your Arlo camera with people you trust and to regularly review who has access to your camera. You should also ensure that your camera is secured with a strong password and that you enable two-factor authentication to prevent unauthorized access. Additionally, you can adjust the camera’s privacy settings to restrict the areas that the camera can view and record.
Sharing your Arlo security camera with family and friends is an easy way to make sure everyone has access to the same level of protection. With just a few simple steps, you can quickly share your Arlo camera with anyone who needs it.
Whether you’re sharing for business or personal reasons, this guide will help ensure that all users have secure access to their cameras so they can monitor their environment from anywhere in the world. While there may be other ways to share an Arlo camera, following these instructions makes it quick and painless while ensuring maximum safety and privacy.
Now get out there and start protecting what matters most! Thanks for reading this article about how to share Arlo camera.