If you’re like me, you probably have a few Arlo Essential Cameras around your house. These cameras are great for keeping an eye on things when you’re not home, but what do you do when the battery runs out? This blog post will show you how to remove battery from Arlo essential camera.
Remember that this process may vary depending on which model of Arlo camera you have. Keep in mind that this process will void your warranty. Always consult with the manufacturer before attempting any repairs or modifications to your device. Let’s get started!
When Should You Change the Battery From Arlo Essential Camera?
Most Arlo Essential Cameras use AA batteries. Depending on how often the camera is used, you may need to change the batteries every few months. The battery may also need to be changed if the camera is not used for an extended period.
If you notice the battery life has decreased, it’s probably time for a change. Or if you see the Arlo camera not turning on, this may be caused by a weak or dead battery.
If your Arlo camera battery dies, you’ll need to know how to remove the battery so that you can replace it. This process is different for each Arlo camera model, so consult your manual or the manufacturer’s website for specific instructions. In general, however, the process is relatively simple and only takes a few minutes to complete.
Step by Step Guide: How to Remove Battery From Arlo Essential Camera
Step 1: Locate the Battery Compartment
The first thing you need to do is locate the battery compartment on your Arlo Essential Camera.
The battery compartment on the Arlo Essential Camera is located at the bottom of the camera. You will see the charging port and a small door that reveals the battery.
Step 2: Open Battery Compartment Door
Once you have located the battery compartment, open the door to reveal the battery. Be careful when opening the compartment door, as the battery is fragile and can be easily damaged. You will see two metal contacts and a small plastic tab. The plastic tab will be in the battery compartment if your camera is new.
Step 3: Remove the Battery
Carefully remove the battery from the compartment. You may need to use a small flathead screwdriver to help pry the battery out if it is stuck. Be careful not to damage the contacts or break the plastic tab that holds the battery in place. If your camera is still under warranty, do not attempt to remove the battery yourself, as this will void the warranty.
Step 4: Replace the Battery
To replace the battery, insert it into the compartment with the positive end facing up. Gently press on the battery until it clicks into place. The camera will not power on if the battery is not inserted correctly. If you want to check that the battery is inserted correctly, you can open the door and check the alignment of the contacts.
Step 5: Close Battery Compartment Door
Once the battery is inserted, close the compartment door and ensure it is secure. The camera will not power on if the door is not properly closed. While closing the compartment, carefully align the tab on the door with the slot on the camera. If the tab does not fit into the slot, gently push the door until it clicks into place.
Step 6: Power On the Camera
Once the battery is installed and the compartment door is closed, you can power on your camera. To do so, press and hold the power button for two seconds. The camera will turn on and begin initializing. Once the camera is initialized, it will be ready to use. Check if a solid white LED light is on the front of the camera. If the LED is not lit, the battery may be low and need to be charged.
How Long Does An Arlo Essential Camera Battery Last?
The battery in your Arlo Essential Camera should last for several months. However, there are a few factors that can shorten the lifespan of your battery, such as:
- Cold Weather: If you live in an area with cold weather, your battery may die faster. Because the battery is constantly working to keep the camera warm, it will run out of power quicker. As the temperature gets colder, the battery will work harder and die sooner.
- Infrequent Use: If you don’t use your camera very often, the battery may discharge itself over time and need to be replaced sooner than if you use it regularly. Because the battery isn’t being used, it will slowly lose power.
- Storage: The battery may die if you store your camera for an extended period without using it. Even if you store your camera in a cool, dry place, the battery will eventually run out of power and will need to be replaced.
- Power Outages: If there is a frequent power outage in your area, the battery in your camera will work harder to keep the camera running and may die sooner than usual. Because the battery is constantly in a state of discharge, it will run out of power quicker.
Additional Tips to Extend the Lifespan of Your Arlo Camera Battery
To extend the lifespan of your battery, we recommend:
1. Keeping Your Camera Out of the Cold Weather. If you live in an area with cold weather, we recommend keeping your camera indoors. The battery will last longer if the camera isn’t constantly working to keep itself warm.
2. Turning Off Motion Alerts. If you don’t need to be notified every time, there’s movement in front of your camera, and you can save some battery life by turning off motion alerts.
3. Adjust Your Recording Settings. You can lower the resolution and frame rate settings to conserve battery power if you don’t need to record video at the highest quality.
4. Use the Arlo Solar Panel. We recommend using it to keep your camera battery charged if you have an Arlo Solar Panel. The solar panel will help extend the life of your battery by keeping it topped off.
5. Checking the Battery Level Regularly. It’s a good idea to check it regularly to know when it needs to be charged. You can check the battery level in the Arlo app.
6. Keeping Your Camera Software Up to Date. The Arlo camera releases regular camera updates that can help improve performance and battery life. Make sure you keep your camera software up to date for the best experience.
7. Enabling the Power Saving Mode. In the Arlo app, you can enable the power-saving mode to help conserve battery life. In addition, the power-saving mode will disable certain features, such as motion alerts and video recording, when your camera isn’t in use.
Do Arlo Essential Cameras Have a Removable Battery?
Arlo Essential Cameras do not have a removable battery. The battery is sealed inside the camera and cannot be removed. If your Arlo Essential Camera needs a new battery, you must purchase a new camera. Additionally, you must ensure that your Arlo Essential Camera is turned off before attempting to remove the battery.
There is a button next to the Arlo camera charging port; press the button to remove the camera battery. If you have any questions about how to remove battery from Arlo Essential Camera, please contact Arlo customer support for assistance. Thank you for choosing Arlo!
Why is My Arlo Essential Not Charging?
If you’re experiencing issues with your Arlo Essential not charging, you can try a few things. First, ensure the camera is turned off and the power cord is unplugged. Next, remove the battery cover and take out the battery.
Next, inspect the camera and battery contacts to ensure they’re clean. If they’re not, clean them with a dry cloth. Finally, reinsert the battery and replace the cover. If your camera isn’t charging, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Arlo support for additional assistance.
Why is Arlo Essential Not Responding to Remote?
If you find that your Arlo Essential is not responding to the remote control, it may be because the batteries need to be replaced. You’ll know the batteries need to be replaced when the LED on the camera blinks red four times. To remove the battery from your Arlo Essential, locate the battery compartment on the bottom of the camera.
The battery compartment is located under the removable panel. To remove the panel, use a small Phillips head screwdriver to remove the two screws that secure the panel. Once the screws are removed, the panel will come off easily. Locate the battery compartment and open it.
You should see two batteries inside. Remove both batteries and replace them with new ones. Close the battery compartment and replace the panel.
How Much It Would Take the Cost to Replace a Brand New Battery for Arlo Essential Camera
The cost of replacing a brand-new battery for an Arlo Essential Camera will depend on the model. Generally speaking, replacement batteries range from $20 – $50 depending on the capacity and type.
Additionally, some models require special tools or parts to replace the battery, which can add to the cost. Ultimately, it is best to contact an authorized Arlo retailer or service center to get a quote on the cost of replacing the battery.
If you are looking for ways to save money, there are other options available as well. For example, many third-party companies offer compatible batteries at lower prices than Arlo’s official products.
however, if the battery is still under warranty, Arlo may be able to replace it for free. Additionally, some retailers offer discounts or other promotions to help lower the cost of replacement batteries.
In any case, if the battery is completely irreplaceable, it’s best to contact the manufacturer or an authorized retailer for advice on how to proceed.
It is important to remember that buying a compatible battery may void the warranty of your Arlo Essential Camera, so be sure to read all the terms and conditions before making any decisions.
Battery removal from Arlo Essential camera is a simple process that can be accomplished in a few minutes. First, remove the screw on the back of the camera using a Phillips head screwdriver. Next, slide the battery cover off of the camera. The battery will then be accessible and can be removed by sliding it out in the direction of the arrow.
To replace the battery, follow these same steps in reverse order. Reattach the screw to keep your camera secure after replacing the battery. We hope this guide on how to remove battery from arlo essential camera was helpful. If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to contact Arlo customer support for assistance. Thanks for reading!